Mycsulb FAQs

CSULB is gathered by a vast number of students every year. Naturally, the students get confused. Here is the solution. Some of the frequently asked questions are answered. Go through them. 

  • What does pending financial aid mean? The sum of money expected to be credited to the student account’s account is qualified for financial assistance. 
  • When should I apply for financial aid?

You can apply for financial aid between 1st October to 2nd March. Complete the form and submit it on time. 

  • What will happen if I add a class after the aid is approved? The authority will no longer be responsible for paying your fees.  Instead, you have to pay the fees.
  • Should I be admitted to apply for financial aids? No! You should complete the FAFSA without bothering about your admission status. 
  • Can my aid be transferred? No such programs are not yet offered to the students. 
  • Is the parent information required on my application? If you are a dependent student, you have to mention your parents during the admission.
  • Can I apply for Financial aids after the deadline? Never mind, if you missed the last date. You can still apply for it. 
  • What if the pending financial aid does not cover my charges? In such cases, you have to pay the fees exceeding the amount of your aid support. 
  • Are there financial aids available during the summer? Summer financial aid often remains strict.  Funding is limited to the private loan only. So even if you apply for it, there is little chance to get it. 
  • What if my financial situation changes? You have to request for a review which is available until January, before the awarding function. 
  • Do I have to be a full-time student to get financial aid? No. You must be enrolled at least half-time to receive most types of support. However, some awards may be reduced if you are registered less than full-time.
  • What if I plan to be enrolled less than half-time? You may not be eligible for any kind of aids. 
  • Can I receive some of my spring aid during the fall? If you are graduating at the end of the fall semester, you can have us re-award your support based on fall-only enrollment. 
  • What if I plan to take a leave of absence? You have to write a request and notify the office with proper reasons.